- Despite Google's best efforts, users still won't realise that Google Hangouts has a social network attached.
- Apple will lose its way, so will its users - thanks Apple maps.
- Windows 8 will fail to revive the glory days of Windows ME.
- More and more services will move into the cloud, mainly thanks to cloud based companies continuing to expand the definition of what cloud based services actually are.
- Malware writers will increasingly target web exploits to avoid the hassle of writing for multiple platforms. Software companies will just complain about having to write for multiple platforms. HTML5 will continue to be largely ignored.
- Facebook will continue to suck, users will continue to complain about it. Facebook will still have eleventy billion members.
- Tweets will become the number one source for mainstream news organisations. Mainstream news organisations will publish at least one "twitter is stupid" article per month for "balance".
- Android will continue to grow despite the sucky API and the need to develop for multiple platforms. Apple will continue to grow despite its command economy for apps.
- There will be enormous buzz in the tech community over a true Linux-based smartphone OS. Lots of buzz. It'll be so slashdottingly buzzworthy that no-one will notice that it hasn't been released nor does it have any support from any major hardware vendor.
- 2013 will be the year of the Linux desktop.
So there you have it 2013.
1 Disclaimer: This post and any prior "predictions" posts may contain harmful levels of hyperbole and exaggeration.